Friday, May 20, 2011

Losing Weight and Surgery

Okay. Here is a bit of a touchy subject. Yes, it's about losing weight and surgery. So I decided to have surgery, bariatric surgery (gastric bypass). Yes, I decided to have it. There are numerous reasons why I chose to have it. Sorry, to break your heart, it's not your decision but mine. I see it how I call it. I want to live a healthier life.  I want to be able to get pregnant. I'm not able to have a healthy life or get pregnant if I have multiple problems. I know a lot of people are discouraging me not to have the surgery. They don't know what I'm going through. They also figured I don't weigh that much and don't need the surgery if I continue to exercise and diet. Well, guess what. Diets and exercise don't always work. You hit that plateau and you are stuck. You don't lose weight and you are more than likely give up and there goes your weight again (Up, up, and away!). I do have my support who are encouraging me to go the surgery and continue onto a healthier lifestyle.  Currently, I'm suffering from PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), high blood pressure, insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), and sleep apnea. In order for me to get rid of these, I need something that will help me. That is why I chose to have surgery. Also, according to the doctors, this is a medical necessity. Yes, I'm "morbid obese". Yes, I don't look like I'm "morbid obese". I probably look like I weigh 180lbs to a lot of y'all. Sadly, I ain't that. I haven't been at that weight for over 10 yrs.

I want to thank my husband (Tim), my sister-in-laws (Shauna and Jenny), my brother, my mother, my father, my mother-in-law (Linda), and my best friends (Tim M and Linda G) for supporting me and encouraging me to continue to a healthier lifestyle. Thank y'all! =)  Cheers to a healthier and thinner life!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment